If you’re military personnel or an outdoor adventurer and you love a tactical backpack. Then you might have heard of this name 5.11 Tactical. It’s a name since 2003, this is a U.S based company which specialized in making tactical items.
This company is well known for making solid tactical gear like backpacks, knives, clothing, and other things). According to a report, this company is worth $300 million dollars.
So now in this article, I’m going to review one of their backpacks i.e “5.11 RUSH 72 Tactical backpack”
In this article...
Before diving into a long in-depth review. Let’s look at some key features of this backpack.
- This is a 72 hours (3 days) backpack for outdoor adventures and special operations.
- This is a versatile, heavy-duty, and highly durable backpack.
- The material that is used in making this backpack is 1000D Cordura nylon which is very durable and strong.
- This pack has very comfortable and adjustable straps.
This is the biggest bag in the 5.11 RUSH series and it comes in 7 different colors. This bag is designed for 72 hours of outdoor adventures and special operations.
The capacity of this backpack is 55 liters which can easily carry all your tactical or outdoor gears for 3 days. There are multiple compartments with molle webbing for carrying extra items.
The main compartment is really big and you can easily adjust most of your big items in it.
The side pockets are also quite big so it can be used for big items. There are few other pockets for keeping your sunglasses, gloves and other things. This backpack is quite spacious. And if you arrange your items/gears correctly then you can carry a lot of things.
Design and Zippers
This backpack is made from 1000D Cordura nylon which is a durable material. And you can use it for heavy-duty stuff. Now talking about the design of this backpack. It is quite comfortable and easy to carry.
The shoulder straps are well padded which makes this bag easy to carry for a long journey. The hip/waist straps are also well padded which helps in dividing even bag/body weight. Compression straps are also provided in this backpack for safe carry.
A well-padded grab and go handle is also provided in this backpack for carrying purposes.
Now talking about the zippers of this backpack. This backpack has ykk self-healing dual zippers.
And let me tell you ykk is one of the best companies that produce quality zippers. So you don’t have to worry about it. These zippers can easily handle heavy-duty material and situations.
Additional features of this backpack
- This backpack is water repellent and you can easily use it in the rain.
- Molle webbing for carrying extra items.
- This backpack has a hydration compartment and its routing.
- Great stitching and well-built bag.
- All-weather bag and you can easily use it for world travel, outdoor adventure, and special operation(military/police).
- This pack is very spacious and can easily carry all your stuff.
- Easy to carry bag with well-padded straps.
- Value for money backpack.
- This backpack is a little expensive.
- This backpack isn’t light.
Also, check our top list of The 11 Best Survival Backpacks (Made To Last)
People who are looking for tactical and outdoor adventure backpack. Have got many choices among 72 hours backpack categories, but this 5.11 tactical backpack can be a great choice for you. It is durable, versatile, and comfortable. This backpack is value for money and it can be your travel buddy.